Bubble

Talk about the comic
RikkiTikkiTavi

Re: Bubble

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Russly wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:05 pm Okay, so you sent me like a report on social contagion. Except, it's an actual scientific journal so I don't get the notes. Care to explain to this lazy internet goer?

As for the second one yeah damn I really did get fake news'd huh? Well I guess what else I got is that they are able to combine sperm for babies now? Or is it eggs? Both? And I've definitely come across tales of stuff such as people who have double genitalia for both sexes. Or the two headed girl who exists. Or the headless chicken. These are real....

-Russly
I know, I know... science has so many words... But the super simple explanation of social contagion is that we will be more likely to display a behavior the more we are exposed to the concept and the more our peer group displays a behavior. There seems to be an innate human vulnerability to certain stimulus that can result in behaviors, even when we feel those behaviors are negative, if we are conditioned to them through certain exposure. Advertising uses this all the time.

Regarding the second topic. We have long been able to create eggs from skin cells. Now in regards to creating an embryo - they have fertilized mouse eggs with other cells from a mouse body - way back in 2005. Can we do it with humans? I do not think we have taken the concept that far yet.

Intersexed people exist - but typically the genitalia is described as ambiguous - meaning it has the traits of both sexes. As far as absolutely 'double genitalia' - that is possible but I don't know of cases of this - and even if the genitalia looked accurate, they would not both be functional as in functionally reproductive. It is also possible for a person to have both a gonad and an ovary. The most common intersexed is xx chromosomes with ovaries but the external genitalia are male like. This is thought to be brought on by exposure of the female fetus to excessive testosterone in the womb.

Two headed girl - totally exists. I have seen them (in videos) riding a bike.

Headless chicken - totally existed. A misfortune of beheading with an ax. The owners toured the thing around until it finally perished years later.
Russly

Re: Bubble

Post by Russly »

"Headless chicken- totally existed." Of course that's what I see first.... Well really it's just the chicken version of Nearly Headless Nick if I'm correct, surviving brain stem and such in its case. Also a sorority hahahahaha the guy really is listening to us huh?! And I feel like we are in large part here to support him, no? As long as difficult conversations that go somewhere... well, while they continue in this forum, at least, it seems to be something?

And, I'm speaking as a fellow comic if anything. I was told something can be offensive as long as it's funny by a comedian I know. (Kenny Capozi, of Gutter Mic up here in Boston, dude even let me host a show before....) Btw I got Courier's Discord for reference. There's a good question in that if people get banned, or even if the website goes down, which in that case even the old forum ends up out of commission. But Discord's for Trumps, so I wonder what backups are good for the community.

The truth of the matter is that regardless of what Tat does with the forum, the community already exists and is in contact with each other it would seem. I'm sorry if that's scary yet us people Tat brought together are likely going to keep talking amongst ourselves regardless of his hammers. The forum is about stuff he sees. So, best that we keep the stuff -in- the forum helpful...?

So, as for the comment at hand. I keep coming back to the mass media rule of thumb that the fringe gravitates to the mainstream, yeh? Well, taboos, especially sexual ones, are in reality running rampant in America, yes. However, there's a loophole here. If the fringe becomes mainstream, then the previous mainstream now becomes fringe and the cycle starts all over again. We are then witnessing realtime collapsing of certain observer effects. Well now. Suddenly social contagion and subliminal messages in advertisements suddenly seem somewhat... relative. Mass media technology also improves with understanding, not avoidance-- as far as I can tell then, what we really do is fight fire with fire and hypnotize evil companies into accidentally fixing their messes or something to that effect.

Intersex butterflies are a favorite of mine. Different color wings. I've caught some mutated butterflies of my own as well. (I have pictures of this!) My fiance has three x chromosomes, which is something that often happens when parents have a major age difference? Indeed the chicken was famous for a year or so during its tour.... But, if I may add even more enigma, the quarter apparently returned to its original obverse this year. So... this means that shifting to Lady Liberty's presence again is in fact occurring. In terms of feminism, what didn't get mentioned in my coin post is that dollar coins are dominated by the feminist movement in some bizarre twist of fate. Susan B and Sacagawea were a fiercely debated topic for the dollar obverse, I believe, following Liberty's footsteps once we stopped using real silver (the post notes that 'dollar' is 'piece of silver'). The Real Lady Liberty exists in every true silver dollar and I make a point to have a few on hand since noticing this.

Also, slight character musings. In the event Nique didn't do Slick, this would be a different comic. Plus, as I mentioned deities are present when the world itself changes in such ways, I'd add that Zen Zaps are somewhat of a legacy of Buddha at present.

-Russly