January 23, 2022: Fallen State

Talk about the comic
Z6IIAB

January 23, 2022: Fallen State

Post by Z6IIAB »

Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Re: January 23, 2022: Fallen State

Post by Russly »

Yeah homeboy got homework to do there. It's as if we've gone full circle and the tastelessness of his current work is as tasteless as the early stuff. Perhaps it's a necessary evil to experiment in order to see where the forum is at with a given arc. Guaranteed the arc length increase over the years is a tipoff as to how his buffer system works....

I will note I saw somewhere a line about how corona is not the flu and that's true, though it undermines the part where the flu has taken far more lives in its long history than corona has in its short time here. I'm not too concerned about the current arcs mostly because on some level they still clearly identify serious plot developments he's had in mind for a while.

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:53 pm Yeah homeboy got homework to do there. It's as if we've gone full circle and the tastelessness of his current work is as tasteless as the early stuff. Perhaps it's a necessary evil to experiment in order to see where the forum is at with a given arc. Guaranteed the arc length increase over the years is a tipoff as to how his buffer system works....

I will note I saw somewhere a line about how corona is not the flu and that's true, though it undermines the part where the flu has taken far more lives in its long history than corona has in its short time here. I'm not too concerned about the current arcs mostly because on some level they still clearly identify serious plot developments he's had in mind for a while.

-Russly
Yeah. I don't really know if Tat is indeed referencing the "clown world" expression, thought, it's just what I interpreted. Sure wish he would come here clarify it but y'know, he can do whatever he wants, it's his comic and his forum, we're just using it.

I'm usually quite good at interpreting subtleties - especially regarding sinfest bc I've been reading this for what now? 15 years? - but sometimes, as good as one can be at following patterns, things change and that's no longer what the author meant so... what are you gonna do about it? I still agree with the radical feminist stance sinfest has assumed, but this antivax one, which seems to be merging with some right-wing/alt-right positions(??? tho, like i said, Idk if that's the case) is completly misguided at best and I'll keep on not standing for it. I'm glad to know I'm not alone on that here, but then again, most people still here are pretty reasonable, so it's not a surprise ^^
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
grabachair

Post by grabachair »

I think you're reading the 'Honkler' thing into the Woker.

Tat's usage of the Woker is the version of the Joker from the classic comic "The Killing Joke" where the Joker represents a raw desire to destroy because he thinks the whole world is a joke. This seems to stack up with the absurdist reality / allegory he has been building about corporations controlling thought and action; the Killing Joke's version of the Joker would be an appropriate king of Sinfest universe.

It's a good analogy for the cult of wokeness that is pretty straighforward without looking through 4chan for fringe alternatives.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

grabachair wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:39 pm I think you're reading the 'Honkler' thing into the Woker.

Tat's usage of the Woker is the version of the Joker from the classic comic "The Killing Joke" where the Joker represents a raw desire to destroy because he thinks the whole world is a joke. This seems to stack up with the absurdist reality / allegory he has been building about corporations controlling thought and action; the Killing Joke's version of the Joker would be an appropriate king of Sinfest universe.

It's a good analogy for the cult of wokeness that is pretty straighforward without looking through 4chan for fringe alternatives.
I wasn't looking throught anything for fringe alternatives, it's just my initial interpretation. I do hope yours is right, tho'. That or something other. I interpreted as the honkler like you put it, bc tat also made a previous comicstrip in sinfest with a series of clowns being shown as the "runners" of the world, not just that one that, yes, does look like the Joker.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Kind of like the original version of Xanthe? Any idea which strip?

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:48 pm Kind of like the original version of Xanthe?
that's not what I meant at all.
Russly wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:48 pm Any idea which strip?

-Russly
found it: https://sinfest.xyz/view.php?date=2021-05-15

also this: https://sinfest.xyz/view.php?date=2021-06-15

and you can find more if you search key words: https://sinfest.xyz/comicdb.php?query=clown+world tho searching only for the word "clown" brings out more results