May 26, 2019: Level Up 55

Talk about the comic
SSmotzer

Post by SSmotzer »

Z6IIAB wrote: exactly. the younger the age the bigger the harm when it comes to hormonizing a child. especially when you're trying to go against their own body programming.
* If they get it wrong.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

And before someone tries to twist my arguments into an "anti-abortion spiel", let me get something straight: abortion is a last resort. it provockes TEMPORARY changes to a woman's body, that she can heal from is properly done. It has a risk for her life if done poorly, especially because it's illegal in a bunch of countries. Abortions can happen espontaneously due to a series of factors out of our control, in OUR OWN SPECIES. And they do. So no, being anti-hormonization for "sex change", not only for kids but for anyone, it'll never be the same as being "pro-nature" or "pro-life", even thought that's... a fucking oxymoron, cause anti-abortion defenders are anti-woman, and since women are humans, they are anti-life.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
janelane

Post by janelane »

Never going to understand Westerners...
shallow graves for shallow people
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

SSmotzer wrote:
October wrote: I deeply encourage you to sit back and read that again. What I'm reading here in your statement, is that you believe that it's better for children to transition than those that might actually be closer to adult age. The fact that we don't even allow 18-year-olds to drink, or minors to get tattoos... the fact that the brain is not nearly fully formed in youth...

Do you really believe that a pre-pubescent child could be "serious about transitioning" enough to warrant adopting a chemical regimen that could cause serious health problems, and quite possibly sterilize them for life?

Honestly, I feel like medically transitioning children is child abuse, much as anti-vax parenting is.
We have the resources and the means to disable puberty all together, then induce puberty when we chose.
No. We don't. Not withing a reasonable, ethical frame.
I believe that everyone should be genetically altered to have their puberty blocked and be born with both sets of genitalia, then when they believe they are ready to chose either, or neither, then induce their selected organ's puberty, or don't.
Except their genitalia won't be functional at all. Trans women won't be able to get pregnant or have babies. Trans men will hardly be able to fertilize any woman with their own faux penises. It's pureley aestethical.
Of course the likely hood of that happening is practically zero. Too many people saying we shouldn't mess with nature, and that it's god's plan for people to be born the way they are.
It's not because of some misguided belief in deities. It's because messing with biology without knowing how it fully works - which science doesn't, despite so much that we've discovered - can be DAMAGING TO A PERSON'S HEALTH AND LIFE. You do NOT mess with people's lives like that. We are not lab rats.
I'm not saying we should transition children who are unsure, but we need more research into when a person can concretely say what they are. I knew what I wanted when I was about 12, I'm just lucky my biology lined up with my desires. Androgynous with just a hint of masculinity... Wish I could do something about my voice though. Too deep for my liking.
Yes, we need more scientific and psychological research on transgenderism. Especially because people that try to approach it as a purely mental condition are being silenced and deplataformed. Dude, what's your problem with yourself? Why are you not happy with your voice? It is what it is. It's not doing any harm. Why can't you accept yourself as who you are? You don't have to fit your own idealized idea of you. No one does.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

SSmotzer wrote:
Z6IIAB wrote: exactly. the younger the age the bigger the harm when it comes to hormonizing a child. especially when you're trying to go against their own body programming.
* If they get it wrong.
No, I meant what I said. Especially when you're trying to go against their own body programming. Which is almost impossible to get wrong, unless they are that very skew percentage of intersex people with serious hormonal divergences and chrmossomical anomalies. Which are not bad, unless, you know, they are actually hazardous to the person's health, which some of those ARE. But besides that, 98% of the whole human population is gonna be okey if they just don't put external unecessary hormones inside their bodies. If you think somehitng is wrong with a healthy body, then something wrong with your perception of reality.
Foxgloves

Post by Foxgloves »

SSmotzer wrote:
I believe that everyone should be genetically altered to have their puberty blocked and be born with both sets of genitalia, then when they believe they are ready to chose either, or neither, then induce their selected organ's puberty, or don't.
WTF!????? Are you trolling right now? Are you aware of the severe struggles of people who do actually have amibigious genitala? Are you aware that there has never been a person with fully functioning sets of both? Are you aware that reproduction entails more than just the obvious primary sex characteristics?

Ffs, how about a world where all people are treated equal, regardless of their sex, and we let people express themselves however they want. How about society centered on self-acceptance and reconciliation with the body. How about no more masculinity or femininity, without taking any surgical knives to any body or doing some impossible Frankstein genetic engeneering on every future child.

Transhumanism disgusts me. We have so many real life problems that science could be a great part in solving, but instead men wanna play creator (atheist here, btw). How about we fix maternal mortality? Endomitriosis? Improve safe reconstruction for victims of female genital mutilation? END female genital mutilation!! I fucking hate how men will talk tall tales about what they can supposedly accomplish in their labs, copying womens bodies, wombs, vaginas, when in fact they are still unable to do any of it and don't even halfway understand what they're attempting to recreate.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Foxgloves wrote:
SSmotzer wrote:
WTF!????? Are you trolling right now? Are you aware of the severe struggles of people who do actually have amibigious genitala? Are you aware that there has never been a person with fully functioning sets of both? Are you aware that reproduction entails more than just the obvious primary sex characteristics?

Ffs, how about a world where all people are treated equal, regardless of their sex, and we let people express themselves however they want. How about society centered on self-acceptance and reconciliation with the body. How about no more masculinity or femininity, without taking any surgical knives to any body or doing some impossible Frankstein genetic engeneering on every future child.

Transhumanism disgusts me. We have so many real life problems that science could be a great part in solving, but instead men wanna play creator (atheist here, btw). How about we fix maternal mortality? Endomitriosis? Improve safe reconstruction for victims of female genital mutilation? END female genital mutilation!! I fucking hate how men will talk tall tales about what they can supposedly accomplish in their labs, copying womens bodies, wombs, vaginas, when in fact they are still unable to do any of it and don't even halfway understand what they're attempting to recreate.

you said it, foxgloves!