May 27, 2019: Calligraphy 61

Talk about the comic
Z6IIAB

May 27, 2019: Calligraphy 61

Post by Z6IIAB »

I missed the caligraphy ones!
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
janelane

Post by janelane »

I just really appreciate how Tats tells stories... I haven't enjoyed something this much in ages.
shallow graves for shallow people
janelane

Post by janelane »

Starting to wonder if at some point in this arc Slick will start identifying as a trans lesbian in attempt to get Monique's attention... it would be really low of him, but not unlike real life gender clownery.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

janelane wrote:Starting to wonder if at some point in this arc Slick will start identifying as a trans lesbian in attempt to get Monique's attention... it would be really low of him, but not unlike real life gender clownery.
I can't really see Slick going down that road tbh for two main reasons: first because he seems to have given up on trying anything with 'Nique. Also, I don't think being rejected by a lesbian/bi woman in a homossexual relationship would be enough for a guy to pursue transition. So I believe that external motivation is out. Second because, while I agree being straight and fetishizing lesbian relationships - which Slick has being and done - can influence males to identify as "transbians" nowadays, I think that's not enough. I think for any average sexist man (like Slick) to identify as a trans lesbian, he also has gotta have some deep issues with his own masculinity performance - which, yes, Slick has shown to have, but he tries his best to compensate that and he seems to have succede "well enough" so far.

So I don't see any reasons within the story for him to pursue transition. So far.

But I think if the average sexist dude "fails" that in such an extreme level that he hates the fact that he can't fullfill his own sexist ideal of "PROPER MAN" - which, of course, it's not of his own invention, we all are harmed by sexism in a lesser or larger extent - so, to soothe himself, I believe he'd think he gotta be a woman. Or non-binary, or some other thing. Because he just can't face the idea that being a man, or being himself, is not that ideal he had in his head and he wasted so much time and energy trying to achieve over the years. I believe it's hard for many people to accept they are not in control, even of themselves.

So... I might agree with you that maybe that's possible lol

I think if Slick somehow fails the "masculinity test" and is sent to a "gender camp",maybe he might find himself questioning who he is, and find some self-affirmation in identifying as a trans lesbian, as it'd "prove" that he was never in the wrong before regarding his sexist behavior - which seems to be something he craves - and that he was just "trying to be something he is not" lol. Wow. That would be... some long process of self-destruction and reconstruction without dismantling one's own prejudiced ideas. Which is sad. So, so sad. I wonder what you think of those takes? What other radfems think, what Tat thinks. Oof.

Idk if Tat would do that because idk if his sources of inspiration deal with the "transbian" phenomenon in a similar and/or other manner than my assumptions here whatsoever. But... let's see what the future holds for us... let us see.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
janelane

Post by janelane »

I kinda feel like AGPs and gay/lesbian fetishization has been such a big topic that's blown up all over many online communities-not addressing it seems kind of unlikely... Even if Slick doesn't end up being the subject of said plotline, it's bound to pop up somewhere. Or there might be a Michfest allusion made with the No Men Allowed Zone.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

janelane wrote:I kinda feel like AGPs and gay/lesbian fetishization has been such a big topic that's blown up all over many online communities-not addressing it seems kind of unlikely... Even if Slick doesn't end up being the subject of said plotline, it's bound to pop up somewhere. Or there might be a Michfest allusion made with the No Men Allowed Zone.
maybe... but I guess Tat use more actual radfem literature than online sources like blogs or social media discussion? that's why I think it's unlikely, but not impossible. maybe the subject will be approached, not just in the same way we got used to see on the internet I guess xD