June 24, 2019: Threats 12

Talk about the comic
Z6IIAB

June 24, 2019: Threats 12

Post by Z6IIAB »

eerie
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Foxgloves

Re: June 24, 2019: Threats 12

Post by Foxgloves »

Modern pimps literally often look like this now: https://www.express.de/news/panorama/di ... x-31090160
The man in the photo is a brothel owner aka pimp who wants to rebrand paying for sex as something modern and edgy. But he argues the same old tired line of "sucks to have to get a woman to like you before you can sleep with her, let's skip that bit where you talk to her and get to know her like she's a human being, even if it's just for one night - just pay (me) for immidiate access instead". The whole article is so progressive, women in prostitution are referred to as "whores". Weird that johns get rebranding, women in prostitution are still universal outcasts and eyed with suspicion or disgust.

Profiting off of someone else's prostitution has only been legal in Germany for roughlyly 20 years, selling sexual access to one's own body has been legal for even longer (though always with restrictions) and still - even though pimps were far longer considered criminals and exploitation scandals still occur reguarly today - pimps are considered cool by many young people. Prostituted women are considered sexy, but completely reduced to their supposed nymphomania and thus once again... dehumanized.
Dave

Post by Dave »

To add to the above, this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Hof

Ugh... The Art of the Pimp is listed as a book he wrote. Christ, it's a little on the nose, no Dennis?
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Foxgloves wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:24 am Modern pimps literally often look like this now: https://www.express.de/news/panorama/di ... x-31090160
The man in the photo is a brothel owner aka pimp who wants to rebrand paying for sex as something modern and edgy. But he argues the same old tired line of "sucks to have to get a woman to like you before you can sleep with her, let's skip that bit where you talk to her and get to know her like she's a human being, even if it's just for one night - just pay (me) for immidiate access instead". The whole article is so progressive, women in prostitution are referred to as "whores". Weird that johns get rebranding, women in prostitution are still universal outcasts and eyed with suspicion or disgust.

Profiting off of someone else's prostitution has only been legal in Germany for roughlyly 20 years, selling sexual access to one's own body has been legal for even longer (though always with restrictions) and still - even though pimps were far longer considered criminals and exploitation scandals still occur reguarly today - pimps are considered cool by many young people. Prostituted women are considered sexy, but completely reduced to their supposed nymphomania and thus once again... dehumanized.
holy cow, that ain't right
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.