February 1,2,3, 2000: Beat Poet 1,2,& 3 (A Retrospective)

Talk about the comic
LoneCourier6

February 1,2,3, 2000: Beat Poet 1,2,& 3 (A Retrospective)

Post by LoneCourier6 »

So here we have the first appearance of Monique, at Slam Poetry Night, shit man whatever happened to Slick's hobby of being a poet?

As for Monique back now? She was totally a slut, yeah no two ways about it, but she was confident about it, didn't care what anyone thought about her, she knew what she liked, what she wanted, and she did it, she and Slick are gonna develop some wonderful chemistry as friends in the days and strips to come...Until we hit what? 2014? where suddenly one Trike riding kid's opinion is all mighty and important, overriding years of friendship and chemistry but we'll see if I'm still around to cover that...But you know, I'm seeing alot of views on my Retrospective but very few comments, we're all here to see if we're able to still enjoy the Older Things in Life, but I wanna hear your opinions on this as we see this friendship develop...and if you come to think that the way it ended was weird and forced in the years to come. ( I got no problem with Radfem Nique, just the forced way the wedge was put between her and slick to push the narrative.)
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)
RikkiTikkiTavi

Re: February 1,2,3, 2000: Beat Poet 1,2,& 3 (A Retrospective)

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

You may have to content yourself with lots of views from lurkers at first. As you keep this rolling - more views - more crickets - but someone will eventually chime in.

I don't have anything important to add to the discussion today, but here is my roll call shout out... lol.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Pretty sure even use of the word slut is a bit far in this forum for reference. Let's go with hoochie hahaha. Again they do sleep with each other once or twice, so for me I take it as a breakup. But hot damn you're right that Nique isn't Nique any longer. Slick clearly does real poetry. Squig's shirt -says- pig hahahahaha. And yes, Pooch and Percy. I wonder if his pets are still alive irl. How in Earth do you cover their in comic death?!

You don't seem super radfem and I can appreciate that, though I'd advise be circumspect in your approach. Everybody knows Sinfest isn't what it used to be but has also transformed impressively. It's okay to be salty, only that you'll see Nique was trying in many ways herself to help until she finally changed. Actually she's the one who first mentions the Secret Sinister Sisterhood Of Spooky Shit. I mean really that is the official name so they clearly have their share of wrongdoings somewhere in Hekate world.

To be honest the only way for the comic to go legitimately downhill is if it does get Simpsons'd. Be it out of laziness or overwork or ignorance or what, not just Tat but everybody is lost in these characters now. Like if in five years we just see more giant robot fights and tracking each new year, surefire way to bore everyone. The people who read it are largely the people who want to see the original characters. We place great faith in this story and imagine how anticlimactic it would be if it amounts to only propaganda, or at least propaganda themed. Nobody's in any hurry, which is nice, but if the original characters are better placed into the current arcs that's what saves the fanbase I gather.

-Russly
LoneCourier6

Post by LoneCourier6 »

It was a one off gag when she mentioned it if you check the date on that one ...And you're right about me not being Radfem... I consider myself a Feminist but not a Radical one, so I always knew I'd end up on the chopping block but I've enjoyed getting the interactions I have with you guys while it's lasted...Was hoping to keep it going longer..But that might not be the case.
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

LoneCourier6 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:02 am It was a one off gag when she mentioned it if you check the date on that one ...And you're right about me not being Radfem... I consider myself a Feminist but not a Radical one, so I always knew I'd end up on the chopping block but I've enjoyed getting the interactions I have with you guys while it's lasted...Was hoping to keep it going longer..But that might not be the case.
I don't understand the tentativeness of this response. How are you on the chopping block? If there truly was a problem the post would disappear or your comments would be deleted. This has not happened.

Just take a breath. Relax. You are not a troll - you are not spouting hate - you are well within appropriate level of interaction to post old comics here.
After all - Tat keeps the archive. If he really did not want us to see this stuff the archive would be pruned.

Keep it rolling. All is well.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Courier probably -would- have been on the chopping block back in the day, but this is a different era. By now, it seems like those who are really looking for depth and engagement are in fact given wiggle room. Also, in some sense, archives -were- pruned from the nineties. But everybody's young at some point in life!

-Russly