February 11,12,13 2000: Devil Puppet 1,2 3(A Retrospective)

Talk about the comic
LoneCourier6

February 11,12,13 2000: Devil Puppet 1,2 3(A Retrospective)

Post by LoneCourier6 »

Yeaah, God's kind of a dick, but this shows back then just how much of a goofy comic this was, can you see Big D taking this kinda shit back then? nah, this is slapstick comedy type stuff, meant to just make jokes for the sake of jokes, haven't had a God and Devil interaction like this in ages, but guess it wouldn't fit nowadays, still got 2 More Devil Puppet Strips, but that'll be a thing I'll post tommorow, in other news I'm honestly really happy to see that I'm hitting triple digit numbers on the views for these, though I know six of those are just me checking in on it to make slight edits and stuff, I'm looking forward to if this gets popular enough to get some other people discussing this, cause it's hard to carry a Retrospective show alone you know guys :P

But as always this is your Retrospective Host Courier, saying Good Night Friends, Sleep Well, I'll most likely be banned in the morning.

P.S. (Yes, I'm making this paraphrased dread pirate roberts quote my thing, I'll die on this pessimistic hill.)
Last edited by LoneCourier6 on Fri May 21, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)
RikkiTikkiTavi

Re: February 11,12,13 2000: Devil Puppet 1,2 3(A Retrospective, and potentially? A Farewell)

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

There is such a difference in style and content - but even without a deliberate change on the comic direction things would be different in a span of 20 years. In a way these differences chart the 'mood' of a large group of people.

When I see a 20 year old movie I found funny when I first watched it, often these type of movies don't age well. Most humor it seems has a shelf life and is tied into a time and place.

But a retrospective can provide a different angle - because sometimes when we see something from long ago, the nostalgia triumphs over the 'stale humor' and we can enjoy it anew.

But in my case, the retrospective is brand new to me. I am getting important back story and seeing these characters when they were brand new. Quite enjoyable.

Keep it coming and congratulations on still being unbanned.
Tired Mama

Re: February 11,12,13 2000: Devil Puppet 1,2 3(A Retrospective, and potentially? A Farewell)

Post by Tired Mama »

One thing I find interesting is that... despite how any other characters shift and change over the course of the comics evolution... the hand of God stays pretty much consistent. Even now when it makes an appearance it's still doing variations on the original bit of puppet mockery.

Hand of God: Sticking to the same bit since 2000.
LoneCourier6

Post by LoneCourier6 »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:27 am There is such a difference in style and content - but even without a deliberate change on the comic direction things would be different in a span of 20 years. In a way these differences chart the 'mood' of a large group of people.

When I see a 20 year old movie I found funny when I first watched it, often these type of movies don't age well. Most humor it seems has a shelf life and is tied into a time and place.

But a retrospective can provide a different angle - because sometimes when we see something from long ago, the nostalgia triumphs over the 'stale humor' and we can enjoy it anew.

But in my case, the retrospective is brand new to me. I am getting important back story and seeing these characters when they were brand new. Quite enjoyable.

Keep it coming and congratulations on still being unbanned.
Well I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying this Friend, honestly, I've been thinking about setting up a Unoffical Discord Server for Sinfest so we could get more people talking about the Comic we've all been following for so long for various reasons, but I don't know how to really set up a Server so that's kinda been holding me back ^^;

But I'll keep it coming as long as I can,and try to avoid clashing with others in ways seen as Trolling. I know I'm skirting the line with some of the stuff I've said...
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)