February 14,15,16 2000: Devil Puppet 4,5 and No Real Men(A Retrospective)

Talk about the comic
LoneCourier6

February 14,15,16 2000: Devil Puppet 4,5 and No Real Men(A Retrospective)

Post by LoneCourier6 »

Figured I'd come in a half hour earlier than usual and post the concluding two strips of Devil Puppet, and another one alongside it you beautiful people.
Anyway as for the discussion, as we see here, the God Hand hasn't really changed much in the years but then I suppose, why would he? he's God. And then we have the Devil reinforcing that at the time, this was a Comedic Strip, and he was the saturday morning Mustache Twirling Bad Guy or something along those lines, can you see the Devil as we see him now taking this sitting down?

As for No Real Men? Nothing much to say here, we got two degenerate friends hanging out, one taking a pot shot at the other, Not gonna lie, I've had conversations similar to this one, There's few ways to show people being or becoming good friends than by having them be totally comfortable with the other person talking shit about them or taking a Potshot like the way Monique is at Slick, not the *only* ways mind you, there are the kind of friendships that don't take playful potshots at the character of the other friend but come on, the *best* and most *fun* friendships are the ones where you can give and take each other's shit and laugh, but at the same time can still sit back, and Enjoy the Older Things in Life, least in my opinion, I know some will disagree and that's okay, just because I might be wrong, doesn't mean you're right either, or maybe I'm right, and you're wrong, who knows! hahaha...So different people find different answers to the same questions we ask ourselves at night, there's no one true right Answer to Friendship and the bonds that colour our lives, and that's part of what makes life unique.

But as always this is your Retrospective Host Courier, saying Good Night Friends, Sleep Well, I'll most likely be banned in the morning.
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)
RikkiTikkiTavi

Re: February 14,15,16 2000: Devil Puppet 4,5 and No Real Men(A Retrospective)

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

How did I miss this one?

Yep - that's not the devil these days.

I know what you mean about good friends and the ability to lambast one another. There absolutely has to be a level of connection and trust before you can go about insulting a friend and have that improve the relationship. Those are the fun kind of friendships.
LoneCourier6

Re: February 14,15,16 2000: Devil Puppet 4,5 and No Real Men(A Retrospective)

Post by LoneCourier6 »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:38 pm How did I miss this one?

Yep - that's not the devil these days.

I know what you mean about good friends and the ability to lambast one another. There absolutely has to be a level of connection and trust before you can go about insulting a friend and have that improve the relationship. Those are the fun kind of friendships.
Dunno how you missed it, so here's the head's up I'm getting the next one ready, but yeah, me? I enjoy my verbal spars and mock insults with my friends, doesn't mean we can't still be there in genuine times of need though,but there is nothing quite like the exasperated groan that signals I've hit the fun nerve.
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)