February 21,21, and March 1,2 2000: Lushus Nectareen & Ninja Theatre 1,2, 3 (A Retrospective)

Talk about the comic
LoneCourier6

February 21,21, and March 1,2 2000: Lushus Nectareen & Ninja Theatre 1,2, 3 (A Retrospective)

Post by LoneCourier6 »

So for today's retrospective we got a One off where Slick is attempting Refuge in Audacity Seduction...I imagine there's a missing panel where he gets slapped hard and it's hilarious in my head.

Then we got the beginning of Ninja Theater, Slick sucks at Banter, but makes up for it with some decently slick moves, but Geisha Nique is prepared, with a Robot Samurai.

We don't see the Alternate Continuity Strips anymore these days, which sucks but you know, at least we can still enjoy these Older Things in life.

One thing I'm noticing though is that no one's really talking about the more recent strips, and not many are talking about the older strips here either and I'm not gonna try to claim credit for discussion for what's going on in Matriarchy given that the subject matter that's derailed that thread is one I'm not a fan of myself given the friends I have...How many people with actually active accounts do we even have? It says 500 something, but I've only seen like...I dunno, seven unique people post recently? But that in and of itself is offtopic, so instead I'll just sign off and say this as I always do my friends.

As always this is your Retrospective Host Courier, saying Good Night Friends, Sleep Well, I'll most likely be banned in the morning.
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)
RikkiTikkiTavi

Re: February 21,21, and March 1,2 2000: Lushus Nectareen & Ninja Theatre 1,2, 3 (A Retrospective)

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Hello - and good to see you are not banned.

That first strip has a definite 'Pepe Le Pew' vibe going on. Interesting to see it in human cartoon form.

In my experience with other forums, popularity hinges on a few key members that participate far more than others. For example - you are going to a lot of trouble creating these retrospectives. You have pulled me in to commenting when prior to your efforts I was a silent lurker most of my visits.

Celina used to post the daily comic and that also pulled in a few responses. Now nobody has taken up the mantle of consistent daily comic posting and until someone does that, forum participation will be lower.

As far as what is happening on that other thread - that is something that happens on this forum. It derails the focus on the comic itself and steers it into... well the ground mostly. Since I am participating over there I cannot wear a mantle of 'holier than thou' but if we all stay polite perhaps we can all learn something from one another. We'll see.
LoneCourier6

Re: February 21,21, and March 1,2 2000: Lushus Nectareen & Ninja Theatre 1,2, 3 (A Retrospective)

Post by LoneCourier6 »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:13 am Hello - and good to see you are not banned.

That first strip has a definite 'Pepe Le Pew' vibe going on. Interesting to see it in human cartoon form.

In my experience with other forums, popularity hinges on a few key members that participate far more than others. For example - you are going to a lot of trouble creating these retrospectives. You have pulled me in to commenting when prior to your efforts I was a silent lurker most of my visits.

Celina used to post the daily comic and that also pulled in a few responses. Now nobody has taken up the mantle of consistent daily comic posting and until someone does that, forum participation will be lower.

As far as what is happening on that other thread - that is something that happens on this forum. It derails the focus on the comic itself and steers it into... well the ground mostly. Since I am participating over there I cannot wear a mantle of 'holier than thou' but if we all stay polite perhaps we can all learn something from one another. We'll see.
Still having some IP troubles, so I'll have to look into a more permanent VPN provider but, I'mma keep this going..

And honestly I'm gonna stay away from the Political and Ideological clusterfuck and just talk about the Comic and the characters, do my best to keep it *centered* on the Comic, and would appreciate it if discussion on my topics is if not focused on the strips of the day, then on the Comic as a whole, I've never really been one to get political on the internet...It just leads to toxicity.
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Sounds good. I will stop responding to anything other than comic focus on your threads. If someone wants to talk about other topics they can start a new thread.