Bubble

Talk about the comic
Russly

Bubble

Post by Russly »

"We live in a bubble, baby, a bubble is no reality. You've got to have a look outside. Nothing in the bubble is the way it's supposed to be, and when it blows, you'll hit the ground."

"Too much of heaven, can bring you underground. Too much of heaven, can always turn around. Too much of heaven, a life and soul hell bound. Too much of heaven, the killer makes no sound."

Welp way too familiar on that count.

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Re: Bubble

Post by Z6IIAB »

hahahahah, I swear to god, I never know what you're talking about, it's funny.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Z6IIAB wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 pm hahahahah, I swear to god, I never know what you're talking about, it's funny.
I know, right? He just drops these lovely non sequiturs and I have to read again to make sure there is not a glitch in my reading comprehension.

In this case he dropped some lyrics on us from Eiffel 65 - Living in a Bubble. (Unlike Russly, I don't have this song living in my head - I had to google what he wrote.)

Here is a link to the song: https://youtu.be/4e8Qd81brk0. It's not a bad little tune from their album Europop that came out in 1999.

So, for me, understanding Russly takes a second read at least and sometimes a google search... lol.

(edit - that second quote was another Eiffel 65 song called "Too Much of Heaven" https://youtu.be/KoA0MMAuPow)
Russly

Post by Russly »

Apparently two Google searches lol!

-Russly
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Russly wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:33 pm Apparently two Google searches lol!

-Russly
Forever now known as a 'level 2 Russly' lol.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:41 am
Z6IIAB wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 pm hahahahah, I swear to god, I never know what you're talking about, it's funny.
I know, right? He just drops these lovely non sequiturs and I have to read again to make sure there is not a glitch in my reading comprehension.

In this case he dropped some lyrics on us from Eiffel 65 - Living in a Bubble. (Unlike Russly, I don't have this song living in my head - I had to google what he wrote.)

Here is a link to the song: https://youtu.be/4e8Qd81brk0. It's not a bad little tune from their album Europop that came out in 1999.

So, for me, understanding Russly takes a second read at least and sometimes a google search... lol.

(edit - that second quote was another Eiffel 65 song called "Too Much of Heaven" https://youtu.be/KoA0MMAuPow)
damn I would never guess... cmon russly, next time give us context hahahah you're not a sphinx, don't be so enigmatic hahahahahah
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Post by Russly »

But this whole place is laced with enigma right?! I think Tat's listening to us too... given the original characters in the plot this week -and- extra adult baby jabs hahahaha. Somewhere in the back of my mind this was a possibility....

Now if only we could get his in comic avatar to meet Vainglorious in the Reality Zone.

-Russly
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Russly wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 pm But this whole place is laced with enigma right?! I think Tat's listening to us too... given the original characters in the plot this week -and- extra adult baby jabs hahahaha. Somewhere in the back of my mind this was a possibility....

Now if only we could get his in comic avatar to meet Vainglorious in the Reality Zone.

-Russly
I immediately thought about that forum thread and wondered the same thing about that 'hairy baby'... mind you it also felt strange that due to that thread I now know that the 'baby man' would not 'pass' in the real AB/DL community... and then the rabbit hole went further since prior to that thread I was unaware of what AB / DL stood for...

With knowledge comes great 'power' I suppose, but also great weird patches of 'things you know' and someday you might casually drop into a conversation only to then be confronted by someone asking you for links and citations...

It's turtles all the way down.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 pm But this whole place is laced with enigma right?!

No, it's not lol. Not to me.
Russly wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 pm I think Tat's listening to us too... given the original characters in the plot this week -and- extra adult baby jabs hahahaha.
Which characters?
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:26 pm
Russly wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 pm But this whole place is laced with enigma right?! I think Tat's listening to us too... given the original characters in the plot this week -and- extra adult baby jabs hahahaha. Somewhere in the back of my mind this was a possibility....

-Russly
I immediately thought about that forum thread and wondered the same thing about that 'hairy baby'... mind you it also felt strange that due to that thread I now know that the 'baby man' would not 'pass' in the real AB/DL community... and then the rabbit hole went further since prior to that thread I was unaware of what AB / DL stood for...

With knowledge comes great 'power' I suppose, but also great weird patches of 'things you know' and someday you might casually drop into a conversation only to then be confronted by someone asking you for links and citations...

It's turtles all the way down.
I thought we all got the adult baby jabs was because of weird figures like this: with a mix of the controversial "Drag Queens reading stories to children" and how sometimes they forbid the parents to be in the same room or they do performances that are not appropriate for the age - althought I don't see anythingn wrong with those performances as long as they are done in front of an adult public, like they are meant to be... yeah... you guys... didn't get that?
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Z6IIAB wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:10 pm I thought we all got the adult baby jabs was because of weird figures like this: with a mix of the controversial "Drag Queens reading stories to children" and how sometimes they forbid the parents to be in the same room or they do performances that are not appropriate for the age - althought I don't see anythingn wrong with those performances as long as they are done in front of an adult public, like they are meant to be... yeah... you guys... didn't get that?
Yes, that image is definitely more likely one of the primary sources of the comic... lol. The internet sure is a wide thing... I think I might have seen that image before but not recently.

And although I have heard about the Drag Queen story hour I didn't know about parents being forbidden. That puts it on a whole other level...

So yes, now that you have explained it - makes sense.

So, perhaps we should re-title this thread as - 'the internet explained' - we can share our confusion and together figure things out... lol.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:21 am
Z6IIAB wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:10 pm I thought we all got the adult baby jabs was because of weird figures like this: with a mix of the controversial "Drag Queens reading stories to children" and how sometimes they forbid the parents to be in the same room or they do performances that are not appropriate for the age - althought I don't see anythingn wrong with those performances as long as they are done in front of an adult public, like they are meant to be... yeah... you guys... didn't get that?
Yes, that image is definitely more likely one of the primary sources of the comic... lol. The internet sure is a wide thing... I think I might have seen that image before but not recently.

And although I have heard about the Drag Queen story hour I didn't know about parents being forbidden. That puts it on a whole other level...

So yes, now that you have explained it - makes sense.

So, perhaps we should re-title this thread as - 'the internet explained' - we can share our confusion and together figure things out... lol.
heheheh I mean, I've been around radical feminist foruns for about... 7 years? So I know all the things that where polemical topics but now are kind of obscured... if you keep searching for subjects on radical feminist circles, you'll learn more about it... but yeah 100%, yall need to catch up with sinfest's old strips AND radical feminist internet culture.
Russly

Post by Russly »

The first story that comes to mind. I have come across instances of parents renouncing their own kids' pronouns for the kids.... Like they see slight variations and immediately latch on to the bandwagon.

The second story that comes to mind. There has been at least one occasion in I think Korea where a man sued his wife because she got plastic surgery and didn't tell him. He found out when they had kids and he simply saw the way they turned out.

The internet explained indeed....

-Russly
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Russly wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:05 pm The first story that comes to mind. I have come across instances of parents renouncing their own kids' pronouns for the kids.... Like they see slight variations and immediately latch on to the bandwagon.

The second story that comes to mind. There has been at least one occasion in I think Korea where a man sued his wife because she got plastic surgery and didn't tell him. He found out when they had kids and he simply saw the way they turned out.

The internet explained indeed....

-Russly

Well now, explaining the internet is one thing... explaining humanity is a far harder thing...

But in response to that first story: A nice scientific article about social contagion https://www.nature.com/articles/srep04343

And then that second story: Snopes says it is a hoax https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/man-s ... -children/

So, what else ya got?
Russly

Post by Russly »

Okay, so you sent me like a report on social contagion. Except, it's an actual scientific journal so I don't get the notes. Care to explain to this lazy internet goer?

As for the second one yeah damn I really did get fake news'd huh? Well I guess what else I got is that they are able to combine sperm for babies now? Or is it eggs? Both? And I've definitely come across tales of stuff such as people who have double genitalia for both sexes. Or the two headed girl who exists. Or the headless chicken. These are real....

-Russly