I Think Tat Gets It

Politics, current events, culture
Russly

I Think Tat Gets It

Post by Russly »

Think about it, will ya? He brought the originals back, and he's having them do stuff. It's almost like a coming of age. The narrative, the story... it is there. Slick and Squig talking out the recent events, and not to mention Lilith and wherever that will go. I mean, Crim and Fuchsia are where this begins, no? Plus, Luffy's watching Kaido to be fair.

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Re: I Think Tat Gets It

Post by Z6IIAB »

no one piece spoilers, i didn't get past dressrosa yet lol
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Okay well Doflamingo is like the big bad warlord sure... we're currently at Kaido, the big bad emperor...!

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:40 pm Okay well Doflamingo is like the big bad warlord sure... we're currently at Kaido, the big bad emperor...!

-Russly
yes i'm aware, please, don't say anything more loool
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Post by Russly »

I'll spare you the Kaido stuff sure. :P I will say that Usopp in Dressrosa is unreal...!

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:12 pm I'll spare you the Kaido stuff sure. :P I will say that Usopp in Dressrosa is unreal...!

-Russly
Appreciate it. Yeah, he totally was. How can a guy be so fortunate and unfortunate at the same time lol. GODO hehehhehe
Russly

Post by Russly »

For real this guy might not be able to beat Luffy, but he sure can save Luffy. Perona all over again!

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:38 pm For real this guy might not be able to beat Luffy, but he sure can save Luffy. Perona all over again!

-Russly
Eh I wouldn't say that, but Usopp can do things Luffy can't, that's for sure. I don't remember how was he helpful in Dressrosa though... well, Imma rewatch it soon, so don't bother telling me. And yeah, Usopp was really good in thriller bark when dealing with Perona! The one time when being an absolute pessimist pays off lololol
Russly

Post by Russly »

Well that's what I'm saying about him, correct-- Luffy wasn't able to beat her but Usopp could, he isn't the only one who saves Luffy either. There's a few people Luffy wouldn't beat that others take care of for him, like Rayleigh with Kizaru. At one point Mihawk even mentions this trait during the war.

Anyway, we've now moved on to Seymour's take on everything and it is pure gold!

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:47 pm Well that's what I'm saying about him, correct-- Luffy wasn't able to beat her but Usopp could, he isn't the only one who saves Luffy either. There's a few people Luffy wouldn't beat that others take care of for him, like Rayleigh with Kizaru. At one point Mihawk even mentions this trait during the war.
agreed
Russly wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:47 pm
Anyway, we've now moved on to Seymour's take on everything and it is pure gold!

-Russly
I think dark jesus and the woker are hilarious. also the woker sounds like the personification of the oppresor hijacking social movements that truly seek to liberate oppresed groups. idk, seems like we're gonna see more of him.
Russly

Post by Russly »

He and 2021 could face off and the guys in the internet jail might join 2021 in the fight.... He seems to be tying (or trying) this all together for the rest of the year. I couldn't stop laughing at today's strip!

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:06 pm He and 2021 could face off and the guys in the internet jail might join 2021 in the fight.... He seems to be tying (or trying) this all together for the rest of the year. I couldn't stop laughing at today's strip!

-Russly
that would make sense since 2021 is a redneck hehehe
Russly

Post by Russly »

Yeh the themes line up it seems, also using the It clown is a good move although admittedly murky.

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:20 pm Yeh the themes line up it seems, also using the It clown is a good move although admittedly murky.

-Russly
what do you mean by murky? what's murky about it?
Russly

Post by Russly »

Well see I'm not familiar with It for exactly the reasons these strips are identifying. I ain't about to be no horror junkie and it seems like these Trader Joe's types Tat is drawing here are such junkies as part of said movement. I sincerely hope what I just wrote actually makes sense.

Anyway the murkiness for me is basically that I'm not about to learn anything about the It clown. So, everything the comic shows is all I know about the guy. (I've seen the Joker movie from a decade ago in contrast, so understand that better.)

-Russly