Hello

Politics, current events, culture
NAS

Hello

Post by NAS »

Hi. Been reading sinfest for i cant remember how many years now. I tend to read a few months worth of comics get distracted with other things not come back for a while then when i do come back have no idea where i am so i read a few months more from a guess as to where i left off. sometimes i catch up to present sometimes i dont so ive definitely not read alot of the strips. I usually kept coming back to creep on the forums particulatly the general discussion threat as i found it really interesting with lots of interactions and arguing between people really felt it was quite lively.

Never posted anything before but figured id post to ask my question today

Anyway Its been probably a year or two since i last checked the site till just recently and it seems fairly quiet around the general discussion thread as compared to what i can recall it used to be. Ive looked around for a bit and saw the posts about people complaining about change in story and quitting because of it, but i figured that would mostly effect the comic discussion forum and since i mostly enjoyed the general discussion forum i dont think thats it

so what happened with the general discussion forum, did everyone sort of get older and stop posting, or has everyone migrated to another forum?

Also Hi everybody :D
Anise

Re: Hello

Post by Anise »

Yo whats up. Yeah currrently the general discussion is sorta dead, theres so much you can do in a limited format such as a public forum and there is barely anything to discuss other then the comics.
Also I dont think i've seen much people passing through the sinfest forums as activity has a strange fluctuation so yeah
I'm just here to see Slick
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

you can always start a discussion if you want to. whoever wants to discuss certainly will. don't be shy.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
NAS

Post by NAS »

Haha i did, a discussion on the lack of discussions. The number of replies were... lacking :D
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

NAS wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:52 pm Haha i did, a discussion on the lack of discussions. The number of replies were... lacking :D
haha yeah
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Post by Russly »

I'm glad at least a few of you are still around as I have only just made it to this forum (my Casual Chat post). There are still people to talk to! :D

-Russly
Anise

Post by Anise »

I wont post here often but I will try
NAS

Post by NAS »

Well I'm kinda dissapointed in the responses. Not just here but on the site as a whole I think the last post or response beyond this thread was back in June. Has everyone left for greener pastures elsewhere or is there a huge lurking group of people like me that just never posts?

Also kind of not part of the forum participation but it got me wondering now based on how quiet it is around here does anyone know if the viewership of the comic strong(er)?
Anise

Post by Anise »

I think that outside of this forum theres people talking about the comic in different websites, but I'm not sure
Russly

Post by Russly »

Yeah chances are people are on the other forum but maybe they are lurkers too. In any event I'm here for one!

I joined after June, so maybe I'm part of the revival movement hahaha.

-Russly
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

I was never on the old forum having joined after the creation of this new forum. From what I have gleamed, the old forum was busy and a hot bed of aggressive posting. This forum was created to give those who had no voice in the old forum a safe place to talk.

This forum is moderated by Tat and also by those with very strong personalities who will not back down to any view that goes against radical feminism or pushes the trans inclusion point or other gender issues too firmly. Just read through the General Discussion posts that have a few responses and you will see the trend. Trolls are shut down quickly and firmly.

So the trolls do not like to play here much any more.

What drives discussion is often controversy. After all, if everyone agrees there really is no need for discussion.

In my experience of forums, if there is not one or two strongly devoted people who make a LOT of posts and keep things rolling then the forum does not have frequent topics or posts.

I post infrequently but I read the comic daily and I come to this forum daily as well to see if anyone left a post. It is sort of like scanning the horizon to see if there is a message in a bottle washed up on this shore. I might not respond unless I think something I can say would be worth the time - but I always read. If you post it, I will read it...
Russly

Post by Russly »

Interesting, yeah I would imagine it's in the nature of a radical feminist comic forum to play with fire...? Thus leading to more of a stringent policy. Not that we want to be in a silo either, so to speak. Just that it's nice to be able to have some of the real conversation happen.

Good point about the controversy as well. I refer back to my earlier line about not being in a silo-- it's a tough balance, especially when weeding out trolls. I definitely want to be one of said devotees but thankfully on here, this thread alone is a 'lot' of posts. I'll keep in mind that you read the posts-- I have been checking a few times a week since joining.