USA 2020 elections

Politics, current events, culture
Z6IIAB

USA 2020 elections

Post by Z6IIAB »

so... delays due to manual counting of votes and the mindboggling electoral college aside... how long till yall end counting all those damn votes? 1 week? also, trump already lost, right? probably? i can't really tell, I heard he is going to justice because he thinks some of the votes doesn't count even thought they do?
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
RikkiTikkiTavi

Re: USA 2020 elections

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

There really is no way to know when this will be over. The margins are very tight in one state less than 1000 votes difference.
The possibility of voter fraud on both sides is high.

This isn't the first election that has been contested. In 2000, the election deciding between George Bush and Al Gore was even tighter margins and resulted in nearly a month delay and brought us the term 'hanging chad' which described various conditions of the ballots under discussion.

No matter who ultimately is declared the winner there is going to be civil unrest. We have had an extremely high voter turn out with nearly 70 million people voting for each side. The media has whipped this up into high drama. Each political party is stirring the pot.

I doubt this will be over even after the winner is announced. Court battles will continue well into November.

Sigh.
Z6IIAB

Re: USA 2020 elections

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:24 am There really is no way to know when this will be over. The margins are very tight in one state less than 1000 votes difference.
The possibility of voter fraud on both sides is high.
Yeah, I've been watching the live news, things are mostly "too close to call", but seem favorable towards Biden. Fraud on both sides? I mean, Trump's is a given, but why you think Biden would try to fraud the vote counting as well?
RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:24 am This isn't the first election that has been contested. In 2000, the election deciding between George Bush and Al Gore was even tighter margins and resulted in nearly a month delay and brought us the term 'hanging chad' which described various conditions of the ballots under discussion.
When I was researching how the electoral college works - because where I live we elect our President directly by popular vote and using electronic ballots, so it's more straight forward - the video I was watching cited that election as one example where a President elected lost by the popular vote and was given an advantage tthrought the electoral college - like what happened in 2016. The video didn't mention that term thought, or I didn't pay attention, interesting!
RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:24 am
No matter who ultimately is declared the winner there is going to be civil unrest. We have had an extremely high voter turn out with nearly 70 million people voting for each side. The media has whipped this up into high drama. Each political party is stirring the pot.

I doubt this will be over even after the winner is announced. Court battles will continue well into November.

Sigh.
Yeah, from what I've asked around, no one thinks anything close to a civil war will happen, but I'm sure Trump supporters of the more extremist sort might get more violent when Trump loses. Take care, guys.

And the whole court battles I- I mean, that's such a loser move lol. I'm sure eventually things will get resolved, hopefully and probably for the better? Idk, Biden is not that great, but he sure sounds reasonable.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.