Please, do wear a mask.

Politics, current events, culture
Post Reply
User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue
Contact:

Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Z6IIAB » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:08 pm

It's not just some mandated bs from the gov, it's an actual protective measure to ensure you don't contaminate or get contaminated by a deadly virus that won't go away soon because there's still LOTS of people who NEED to get vaccinated. Criticize the gov all you want, but those decisions ARE backed by hard science, and you can go an check the researches, preferiently throught reputable sources, not your right-wing conspiracy submedia, okay? Okay. This has been a PSA.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.

User avatar
Tired Mama
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:57 pm

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Tired Mama » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 pm

Yes. This. Thank you.

It's a bit weird to find something we 100% agree on, lol. But thank whatever powers may or may not be that it's masks and vaccines. If it weren't physically impossible (and a massive germ risk) I would shake your hand, my friend.

User avatar
RikkiTikkiTavi
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 am

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 am

Yes indeed - masks are so important.

I have taken to explaining to people that the vaccine is like having car insurance. But the insurance only works for your car and it does not prevent you from getting in an accident. It just helps you not have the worst outcome.

For those who are critical of masks I ask them if they think we should advise surgeons who operate on people to stop wearing masks. The mask works best to prevent us from spreading the virus. Depending on the type of mask it also can provide protection from virus exposure to the wearer.

Plus - don't gather in large groups in close proximity without masks - especially indoors.

And also - wash your hands. Not only will this help with the virus, it will keep you from spreading e coli and other bacteria.

Sheesh - I still observe people in restrooms do what amounts to ritualistic hand washing - water on the hands for a couple of seconds with no soap - all the while I am there scrubbing like prepping for surgery.

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue
Contact:

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Z6IIAB » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:52 am

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 am
Yes indeed - masks are so important.

I have taken to explaining to people that the vaccine is like having car insurance. But the insurance only works for your car and it does not prevent you from getting in an accident. It just helps you not have the worst outcome.

For those who are critical of masks I ask them if they think we should advise surgeons who operate on people to stop wearing masks. The mask works best to prevent us from spreading the virus. Depending on the type of mask it also can provide protection from virus exposure to the wearer.

Plus - don't gather in large groups in close proximity without masks - especially indoors.

And also - wash your hands. Not only will this help with the virus, it will keep you from spreading e coli and other bacteria.

Sheesh - I still observe people in restrooms do what amounts to ritualistic hand washing - water on the hands for a couple of seconds with no soap - all the while I am there scrubbing like prepping for surgery.
thanks for the addition! I also scrub my hands properly like a surgeon, I mean, it's not hard and it's so effective. I wish people were well-informed...
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue
Contact:

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Z6IIAB » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 am

Tired Mama wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 pm
Yes. This. Thank you.

It's a bit weird to find something we 100% agree on, lol. But thank whatever powers may or may not be that it's masks and vaccines. If it weren't physically impossible (and a massive germ risk) I would shake your hand, my friend.
Yeah, for someone who can't understand men and women as purely biological descriptors of humans, I'm glad to hear you do understand the importance of masks and vaccines when dealing with a deadly virus. Seem you're not immune to science after all haha.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.

User avatar
Tired Mama
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:57 pm

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Tired Mama » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Z6IIAB wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 am
Tired Mama wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 pm
Yes. This. Thank you.

It's a bit weird to find something we 100% agree on, lol. But thank whatever powers may or may not be that it's masks and vaccines. If it weren't physically impossible (and a massive germ risk) I would shake your hand, my friend.
Yeah, for someone who can't understand men and women as purely biological descriptors of humans, I'm glad to hear you do understand the importance of masks and vaccines when dealing with a deadly virus. Seem you're not immune to science after all haha.
...

Well. That was possibly the most patronizing back-handed "compliment" I've ever received... thanks?

Tanagra
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 am
Location: Japan

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Tanagra » Thu May 06, 2021 5:55 pm

I do wear masks, and agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I've been making mine. They're not the greatest, but do have fusible non-woven interfacing.
Attachments
138107579_10223950535287301_4546706356013219333_o.jpg
A mask I made.
138107579_10223950535287301_4546706356013219333_o.jpg (179.66 KiB) Viewed 1298 times

NAS
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by NAS » Sun May 09, 2021 8:02 am

Yah I don't understand why some people hate on the idea. I was telling someone how bad it was that one of the blm protests (It was nit a riot when I was talking about it, the riot didn't start till later so don't tell me it was a riot) for being super unsafe having that many people that close to each other, made even worse by the lack of masks on alot of the people, and someone tore into me for it.

Can't figure out why so many people have trouble with masks. Sure it's not 100 percent effective but even if you think it's only a small percent effective, thay small percent time a the entire population works out to a very large number of prevented cases

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue
Contact:

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Z6IIAB » Mon May 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Tanagra wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:55 pm
I do wear masks, and agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I've been making mine. They're not the greatest, but do have fusible non-woven interfacing.
nice! I know the one being recommend at this point is n95, because it protects you and others. I hope vaccines keep going nicely in USA, I still have to get mine, but I live in Brazil so, you know... we got our own tropical Trump still, but worse. That guy is incapable of being a president, idk why he hasn't got impeach or interditated yet! It's horrendous.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue
Contact:

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Z6IIAB » Mon May 10, 2021 4:04 pm

NAS wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:02 am
Yah I don't understand why some people hate on the idea. I was telling someone how bad it was that one of the blm protests (It was nit a riot when I was talking about it, the riot didn't start till later so don't tell me it was a riot) for being super unsafe having that many people that close to each other, made even worse by the lack of masks on alot of the people, and someone tore into me for it.

Can't figure out why so many people have trouble with masks. Sure it's not 100 percent effective but even if you think it's only a small percent effective, thay small percent time a the entire population works out to a very large number of prevented cases
Between the anti-mask, anti-vaxx, flathearthers and transactivism, Idk how can yall breed so many different types of crazy people. All science-deniers, ignorants. Complete utter morons who think they know some sort of special shit no one else knows. They are just envious of people who actually worked their brains off to know how things work. Also, that those mad dumbasses influence the whole world, including my own country, is baffling. It feels absolutely hopeless. All offense, but a lot of the craziness in those groups was born in USA soil, and honestly, I'm not even surprised, just disappointed my people keep copying you all. Thank god, they all appear to be a minority. But unfortunately some of them have money and power and lobby this shit, which affects everyone. I'm just, really angry about it, it's one thing to be a fucking ignorant, it's other to infringe's in other's people's rights and health. The worst part, is that they think they are the ones getting their rights and health infringed? The lack of awareness on their part... it's imeasurable.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.

Post Reply