May 11, 2019: Level Up 40

Talk about the comic
October

May 11, 2019: Level Up 40

Post by October »

This is gonna be baaaad...
"Because as we all know... there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself!" -Hannah Gadsby
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

yo forme parte de un ejército loco...
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
SSmotzer

Post by SSmotzer »

I think this is painting gender correctional camps in a weird light.

Like, these camps have seriously damaged people, all in the name of god, and I am confused as to what these comics are saying.
janelane

Post by janelane »

The comic is addressing the issue of transing kids by organisations like Tavistock and Mermaids, which have gone as far as to push parents into transitioning toddlers. Logic is if the kid doesn't act according to their "assigned" gender, they must not be that gender after all, and the doctor says they must be put on blockers immediately or else they'll kill themselves! Which is of course total BS, but an alarming amount of parents seem to buy into it.
shallow graves for shallow people
SSmotzer

Post by SSmotzer »

[quote="janelane"]The comic is addressing the issue of transing kids by organisations like Tavistock and Mermaids, which have gone as far as to push parents into transitioning toddlers. Logic is if the kid doesn't act according to their "assigned" gender, they must not be that gender after all, and the doctor says they must be put on blockers immediately or else they'll kill themselves! Which is of course total BS, but an alarming amount of parents seem to buy into it.[/quote]

But what about actual gender correctional camps? Sure some parents want their kids to be special and are pushing them into seeing therapists, but even if they are just confused kids, NARTH doesn't care about the children. They just beat the queer out of them, and the wrath of god into them.

This comic makes Mermaids seem worse then NARTH.
janelane

Post by janelane »

Both NARTH and Tavistock/Mermaids shill homophobia, but in different ways. As someone gay who grew up in a homophobic religious environment, I can tell you that the kind of homophobia that is espoused by liberal institutions is just as, if not more, insidious than religious violence- more because progressive people can be convinced they're on the right side of history while chemically castrating children. Whether you are beating your kid up or hormonally stunting their growth to fit a certain kind of social norm, it's all the same and its worth talking about.
SSmotzer

Post by SSmotzer »

But Tavistock/Mermaids have therapists who should be trained to understand the difference between a homosexual and someone with gender dysphoria. I mean, sure, they are starting kids at a pretty young age, but it's better they have consoling from professionals instead of not knowing there was an option in their sexuality, and dealing with the potential bullying from not expressing themselves like other children.

Like, even if they misdiagnose someone with gender dysphoria, they are still supporting children who face the most evil creatures on the face of the planet, other children. I should know, I was a child once.

janelane

Post by janelane »

You might be shocked to hear this, but its becoming increasingly clear that the goal of Tavistock/Mermaids is to profit from childhood confusion and insecurity and not from any sort of desire to help children become comfortable. Many people, trans, detransitioned and gender non-conforming alike have pointed out the manipulative and broad ways that these organizations have defined gender dysphoria to try and get more kids treated with puberty blockers and hormones. When the goal is profit, they're not about to turn any potentially "trans" kid away.

Have you seen Mermaids Barbie to GI Joe chart? It's exactly what Tats was alluding to in this arc.
SSmotzer

Post by SSmotzer »

I don't think their goals are profit. From all I can tell, they are just a little over eager to push their services onto people, regardless of profit.

Most people are trying to be the good guy, and it just seems like Mermaids is just trying a little too hard is all.

I mean, even the Westboro Baptist church and people who listen to Alex Jones think they are the good guys. Will Mermaids ruin a person's life by going a little overboard with hormone medication? Maybe, but they aren't trying to.

What really needs to happen is research into the hormonal development of children, and from that research, regulations need to be put in place. The only problem is the people in charge are against the idea of gender dysphoria all together, and shut down the studies before they begin.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

there is already research on hormones and puberty and how they affect children from both sexes. the difference is that people who profit on the sexist parents who don't want their kids to turn gay are ignoring that well done research database.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
SSmotzer

Post by SSmotzer »

Z6IIAB wrote:there is already research on hormones and puberty and how they affect children from both sexes. the difference is that people who profit on the sexist parents who don't want their kids to turn gay are ignoring that well done research database.
...Okay, you lost me. What are we talking about?
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

SSmotzer wrote:
Z6IIAB wrote:there is already research on hormones and puberty and how they affect children from both sexes. the difference is that people who profit on the sexist parents who don't want their kids to turn gay are ignoring that well done research database.
...Okay, you lost me. What are we talking about?
the hormonal development of children. there is already reasearch on that. we don't know everything, of course, but we know the basics, and it's been a while.