Talk about the comic
BlueUnicorn

December 27, 2020 - Reckoning 64

Post by BlueUnicorn »

https://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2020-12-27

So we have the truth now behind this one:

https://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2020-12-21

which I knew was too good to be true.

It's just a dream, Sammy getting back together again with Liberty. Unless there's a miracle, it's not going to happen.
Z6IIAB

Re: December 27, 2020 - Reckoning 64

Post by Z6IIAB »

I mean, comic-wise, I don't see Lib coming back with Sam anytime soon. Maybe ever. But like, as a metaphor, I don't even think "they were together" in the first place. USA's history is filled with genocide and war, there's no liberty for anyone while your gov keeps on pushing either of those, no matter the reason.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
BlueUnicorn

Post by BlueUnicorn »

Well, yes, it was certainly never an easy marriage between the two.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Keeping my Peace Dollar post in mind, it might be of note to mention that in Steven Universe they do explore options that are unconventional and knowingly piss off the fan base. Sadie and Lars don't get a Disney marriage and Steven has to accept that she chose to go out with a trans person as he chose his career. While there is some irony to that exact narrative being what I refer to as unconventional here, perhaps Sinfest has a sad ending as well.

-Russly
Vancore

Post by Vancore »

I don't think Sam and liberty were ever together either but that's how the relationship was presented to start with. Just thinking of all the civil uprisings to make things better in the US and other countries it seems like liberty is the person persuing them to make them better not the other way around. But making a Concept and a Country into people makes things weird cause when people say "you can do better" to a concept that they themselves want to believe in. It sounds like their actually ok with the way things are or don't think the concept is strong enough itself to actually change things in the country they live in.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Especially interesting to me about today's strip is the characters involved are displaying some humanity-- the lady calmly means Qanon and the guy is clearly vulnerable. Rather than extreme social justice warriors and zombified sex workers/Johns, we see the difference portrayed in the home this time. While this is as opposed to a Concept/Country range, there still seems to be a lot of the ideological overall in play here? For example disband the States and the continent will still remain, climate change permitting-- then what?

-Russly