Well Anyway....

Politics, current events, culture
Russly

Well Anyway....

Post by Russly »

More dead chat life. Guess my real comment on the corona one was too haphazard haha! The author remains elusive on the overall vax stance. The fans and haters alike still watch.

What else is new?

-Russly
Russly

Re: Well Anyway....

Post by Russly »

In fact the anti vax theme in the comic is getting more and more out of hand by the day. I feel like I'll be the only fan left if everyone else who's stayed so far now also jumps ship....

-Russly
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

I think a case can be made that being skeptical of the way the vaccine is being 'marketed' is not the same as being 'anti-vax'.

And to me that seems to be Tat's message. We are being asked to follow the science when the scientific evidence is scant (due to lack of time to truly study this virus) and more importantly any debate or opposing opinions are branded as anti-vax. The marketing of the information is very biased and infused with a 'do it this way or we all die' kind of vibe.

The whole 'vaccine mandate' is definitely an intrusion into our freedom of choice. I read this as the main theme in the comic. He is treating the vaccine machine as another form of the government overstepping its bounds and influencing people into lock step behavior.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Holy fuck he really brought in the plague doctor, that sucks for me because that has shown up elsewhere in my life lately... even before corona....

My girl just told me that some hospitals refuse even organ transplants to the unvaccinated sometimes, so yes, there's clearly a point at which this becomes about marketing and overstepping bounds. Nothing in the twenty first century is immune from commerce (commercialization) it seems.

-Russly
Russly

Post by Russly »

Based on how the arc is going, I also would not rule out the possibility that Tat finally decided to take the comic less seriously.

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:16 pm In fact the anti vax theme in the comic is getting more and more out of hand by the day. I feel like I'll be the only fan left if everyone else who's stayed so far now also jumps ship....

-Russly
pretty sure being silent doesn't mean you're nolonger a fan. in any case, tat's the author, he choose what he wants to write about. whether we agree or not, it's up to us, but it won't make a difference for the comic's future. I've stated my stance already, pretty cleary. I don't think I have any further commentary, just watching it unfold...
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Yeh wasn't so much the being silent as the part where everybody in the forum was like "get your shot Tat" which is his exact point hahahahaha. Or maybe not, I don't even know! But the CDC logo's used and pills are advertised in recent strips (though masks are conspicuously absent in many places, even their church)? Feels critical of such culture at large.

And yes, it feels like there are new twists every other day. Nique's laughing shadow just makes me think that while the males of the comic must find redemption, it seems now the females of the comic must grapple with their own inner or outer conflicts too. Everybody's potentially on equal ground.

-Russly
Russly

Post by Russly »

Wait I was wrong about the masks too, I only just saw Sunday's strip now!

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Russly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:48 pm Yeh wasn't so much the being silent as the part where everybody in the forum was like "get your shot Tat"
my point stands either way.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.