December 26, 2021: Release 21

Talk about the comic
quil

December 26, 2021: Release 21

Post by quil »

Boy, not exactly high art criticism to say that today really seems (to me) like the basic point here is "the modern American police state amounts to trampling over the long standing pillars of American liberal society: Family, Faith, and Freedom."

Assuming that interpretation is even remotely on point, it's an interesting thought experiment to speculate how that correlates to the author's rad fem promotion, his denunciation of sex workers as antithetical to rad feminism, etc. of the past several years.
Tanagra

Re: December 26, 2021: Release 21

Post by Tanagra »

Do these guards have very bad aim, or very good?

I didn't think he denounced sex workers, I felt what he denounced were the people who force others to do sex work, who put them into a position they wouldn't have chosen, and then on top of it, condemn them for it.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Tanagra wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:44 am Do these guards have very bad aim, or very good?

I didn't think he denounced sex workers, I felt what he denounced were the people who force others to do sex work, who put them into a position they wouldn't have chosen, and then on top of it, condemn them for it.
exactly, bc that's the radfem position: anti-prostituition as in anti-pimp, anti-john, anti-sexual explotation. which is what prostitution is: pro-pimp, pro-johns, pro sexual exploitation of vulnerable women and children. prostituted women are never the ones attacked throught the radical feminist lens, and I'm tired of ACTUAL misogynistic movements painting radfems like that. they shoud work at the cinema, they're pros at projecting.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
quil

Post by quil »

Fair. That's up to too quickly typing on my part. I agree, he isn't condemning sex workers, so much as sex work and the structures that promote it.

But, basic point still stands with that needed correction - it would be interesting to speculate how all that correlates in the world of sinfest to the trampling of family, etc. as orienting social bulwarks, if in fact that is what today's comic represents.