Thought On Anti Vax Theme

Talk about the comic
Russly

Thought On Anti Vax Theme

Post by Russly »

Just out of curiosity, for the purposes of the comic's message, does anybody think Sinfest would not be Sinfest if he started throwing pro vax messages out of no where? It just seems like somehow the comic itself is much more epic the way it is, and also than if there were no vax references at all, good or bad. Like something about imagining Slick with a "get your vax" shirt or like "aliens from planet unvaccineptune need your help" showing up... seem off. Also if Tat's a shut in that has an effect on how he may have perceived quarantine. (Kind of like my whole "I can take a jabby jabby on the premise that it's bad after the low temperature therapy" bit I suppose.)

-Russly
Tanagra

Re: Thought On Anti Vax Theme

Post by Tanagra »

I'd have had less trouble with it, were it not for the fact that Tat's world does not have COVID-19. It took roughly two years before a more contagious, less deadly variant appeared, and that probably really confuses the conspiracy nuts. About the same time the vaccine is available nearly everywhere, the supposedly engineered virus is no longer such a threat. I've seen posts recently claiming that P's war on Ukraine was to get at the bio labs producing COVID-19.
Russly

Re: Thought On Anti Vax Theme

Post by Russly »

For one, I'm glad to see there's a strip about Ukraine out this quick. Gives us a realtime example of the comic's buffer, or at least inclusivity. Also seeing no glasses Slick for the first time. The THC part though... that other strip about drugs of truth. They got THCO acetate, which makes you hallucinate, and HHC. Not Tetrahydrocannabinol, it's Hexahydrocannabinol. HHCO acetate exists too. HHC is weaker than THC yet HHCO is stronger than THCO. There's THCP, which is Tetrahydrocannabiphorol. It doesn't make you hallucinate per se but somehow is even stronger than THCO and HHCO.

-Russly