March 25, 2022: Fallen State 58

Talk about the comic
Pukje

March 25, 2022: Fallen State 58

Post by Pukje »

So in today's comic we have metaphorically visited a warzone to complain about what the Woke are doing on social media, by portraying them visiting the warzone to complain about what others are doing on social media.

Does anyone else see anything strange about this, or is it just an unusually subversive way to introduce a new author's avatar?
Seamus Whyte

Re: March 25, 2022: Fallen State 58

Post by Seamus Whyte »

Must be tired of the anti-vax posting, so now has decided to do this.
Wonder what it'll be next week. :roll:
Questions

Post by Questions »

Could it be a comment about how when certain woke do more than just social media it's still just for show?
Question everything
Russly

Post by Russly »

And especially if Slick IS in a temp replacement position for the in comic avatar, I can't help but feel the iDate strip implies how his radicalism (i.e. potential straightness) isolated the man from ever getting a date himself. Idk how we help him with that.

-Russly
grabachair

Post by grabachair »

I think you guys are reading this the wrong way, trying to fit Tat into your idealogies. Here's how I read the last few comics:

- The iDate strip is a lampooning of how Big Alphabet (LGBTQQIAA2SXYZLMNOP) has become a religion, and they use Big Tech as their inquisitors. There's a hint in the tag line, "Not a Biologist" - that's a quote from the candidate for the Supreme Court, Katanji Brown Jackson. She was asked, "What is a woman?" and responded "Well I'm not a biologist", garnering her much derision and ridicule.

- On today's Zom-B-Gone strip, the zombie is wearing a shirt in the 3rd panel that say "Current Thing" - this is a reference to Elon Musk lampooning people who use social media as performance. He posted a picture of a bland face saying "I support the current thing". In this case, the current thing is thinking you deserve your own pronouns (you don't) as evidenced by the xe/xir shirt in panel 2.

Keep reading. He's challenging the audience and that's a good thing.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Very good!

-Russly
Russly

Post by Russly »

An additional consideration is he may begin to have some characters follow anti vax themes and others pro vax, as to distance himself from any direct anti vax promotion if he does start to vary his opinion....

-Russly