October 25, 2018: Woke Television 15

Talk about the comic
DKnight

October 25, 2018: Woke Television 15

Post by DKnight »

Hello, I am somehow new to this forum. I used to follow the old forum and read other people's comments. I liked reading their points of views and see where they were coming from. It is a shame the other forum doesn't open anymore because I finally decided to engage on the discussions.

About this current comic strip, there are different ways to see it. White male with over confidence being aggressive while trying to buy a drink to a female that feels uncomfortable around him. Although she asks him to buy her a White Male Tears drink.

I know I won't find other type of ideas in this forum rather than those of extreme feminism. However, the reason I decided to create an account for is the "White Male Tears". I know that both right and left groups are using this phrase to insult each other "(Insert Group) Tears"; but it just makes me laugh because "White Male Tears" or at least "Male Tears" is a slang for semen.

To be honest this forum is kinda dead. But by all means keep going. I might not agree with most -if not- all the things Tats and this group stands for; but the reason I stay is to see where it will end.
October

Post by October »

To be honest, I'm not surprised to hear that "male tears" is used as slang, even though it's the first I've heard of it being used this specific way. Frankly, what phrase can't be twisted to make a 10-year-old boy snicker? I remember being a kid, and hearing the boys joke that any two-word candy name could be made to sound suggestive by adding the words:

"I'll (First word) her (second word)." Ex: "I'll Baby her Ruth!" :roll:
DKnight wrote:To be honest this forum is kinda dead. But by all means keep going.

Are you 'negging' the forum? :shock:
"Because as we all know... there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself!" -Hannah Gadsby
Newfish

Post by Newfish »

October wrote:
DKnight wrote:To be honest this forum is kinda dead. But by all means keep going.

Are you 'negging' the forum? :shock:
He was; I thought it was pretty funny.

I'm generally uncomfortable with the "male tears" meme. I understand the point of it, but can't we do "tiny violin" or something which is less explicitly about shaming men for having emotions? I mean, it's like prison-rape-jokes, it's just really crappy.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Another one of those. Male tears was never a slang for semen, It always meant the whine of grown up men that cant deal with outspoken feminist women. It just "turned" into a slang for semen cause some dumb assholes saw the term stopped being used by feminists and decided to make some silly entry on urban dictionary. So no, male tears are male tears. Much like DKnight on this forum. Whining.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
msobkow

Post by msobkow »

Z6IIAB wrote:Another one of those. Male tears was never a slang for semen, It always meant the whine of grown up men that cant deal with outspoken feminist women. It just "turned" into a slang for semen cause some dumb assholes saw the term stopped being used by feminists and decided to make some silly entry on urban dictionary. So no, male tears are male tears. Much like DKnight on this forum. Whining.
Semen? Seriously? I've never heard the term used that way used ANYWHERE, and I have lived a far-from-sheltered life...
Lovecat

Post by Lovecat »

Never EVER heard male tears used as a synonym for semen. Weirdo.
I'm no longer accepting the things I cannot change... I'm changing the things I cannot accept.

You have to act as if it were possible to radically change the world. And you have to do it all the time.

- Angela Davis