On that Atlantic piece slandering Ovarit and Radical Feminists in general

Politics, current events, culture
Z6IIAB

On that Atlantic piece slandering Ovarit and Radical Feminists in general

Post by Z6IIAB »

This is an AMAZING rebuttal from the mods at Ovarit, and I honestly hope everyone read it. But actually read it in full, including the content linked. It's very well explained. Also, if Tat happens to see this, I'd love to know what you think of this, and if you consider joining Ovarit. It's women-lead and women-centered, but men are welcome as well.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
RikkiTikkiTavi

Re: On that Atlantic piece slandering Ovarit and Radical Feminists in general

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Thanks for posting this. It was a very interesting read - both the Atlantic article and the rebuttal.

In regards to the Atlantic article - it is amazing just how far journalistic integrity has fallen - the points made in the rebuttal were spot on. The article was just a bunch of opinion without appropriate evidence. Sloppy journalism at its finest. And too bad that many who will read that article will not check the links or justifications.

What a world...
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Oh... Just spent about 2 minutes reading some stuff at Ovarit - got a great big laugh over a response ("I swear, their cereal could be soggy tomorrow morning and these people would be like, “Fucking TERFs fucking up my breakfast”.)- definitely want to join that crew. Trying to get them to send me a code since that is the only way to join right now.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:14 am Oh... Just spent about 2 minutes reading some stuff at Ovarit - got a great big laugh over a response ("I swear, their cereal could be soggy tomorrow morning and these people would be like, “Fucking TERFs fucking up my breakfast”.)- definitely want to join that crew. Trying to get them to send me a code since that is the only way to join right now.
you can see their profile at spinster and ask them directly for a code! I'm sure they'll be glad to provide you with one ^^
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:05 am Thanks for posting this. It was a very interesting read - both the Atlantic article and the rebuttal.

In regards to the Atlantic article - it is amazing just how far journalistic integrity has fallen - the points made in the rebuttal were spot on. The article was just a bunch of opinion without appropriate evidence. Sloppy journalism at its finest. And too bad that many who will read that article will not check the links or justifications.

What a world...
yeah... I sure am trying to spread the word. Who knows. Maybe the smart well-meaning ones will read it - and hopefully - understand what radical feminists are really about!