I'm camping out

Talk about whatever
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

that's beautiful May... nice to meet you! welcome ^^
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
October

Post by October »

*Mass wave to the recently joined!*

It looks like news about this forum is already going around the tumblrverse. I hope it will encourage more radfems to come and weigh in!
"Because as we all know... there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself!" -Hannah Gadsby
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

October wrote:It looks like news about this forum is already going around the tumblrverse. I hope it will encourage more radfems to come and weigh in!
oh, same!
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Ackapus

Post by Ackapus »

This appears to be the unofficial introductory thread.

I have come to gain perspective and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of... wait, nvm, I've got another pack here.

Guess I'll multitask. Hiyas!
alocalmom

Post by alocalmom »

I'm also new here! Never joined a Sinfest forum before. This one seems like the good one.

I've been reading since 2002. I basically grew up with Sinfest, and by that I mean Sinfest and I grew up at the same time.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Hehehe, welcome alocalmom! Oh, yeah... I kind of reread a LOT of sinfest today and wow... it did influence me and we grew together as well. Idk if this is the "good" forum, but we sure ain't haters, don't be fooled by false propaganda :wink:
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Hahaha, omg ackapus xD! It kind of is the unnofficial introdutory thread xP lol Welcome to the fest! I'm your unnofficial welcomer as long as I'm on vacations hehehehe
Lovecat

Post by Lovecat »

Hello! I've been following Sinfest for many years but despite being an opinionated cow I have never posted in the other forum - largely because of the hostile reaction that certain posters have given to anyone who deviates from the 'woke' view of prostitution (and other issues).

I never thought of myself as being a Radical Feminist, but the Overton Window seems to have moved so far to the liberal, choicey-choicey feminism being the 'true' way that what I thought were quite moderate views are now seen as dangerously radical. But then I'm old. Ho hum.

The amount of vitriol dished out 'over there' is just awful and it seems that anything less than utter capitulation to the loud majority there makes you trash and garbage, to use 2 of the nicer phrases I've seen there...

Anyway, thank you SO MUCH Tat for providing a space <runs around with jumper over her head> where critical thought can be posted without immediately being shouted down by libfem handmaidens and dudebros as hatespeech. I've loved Sinfest ever since it was linked to in another feminist forum I follow (the first 'matrix' strip, I believe) and have since spent waaay too much time catching up with it. I also love religious mythology so the two combined are just... squeeee!

I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to comment on the strip without having to wade through ten pages of 'Tat this is so disappointing, why have you swallowed the SWERF ideology, what's wrong with you'-style whining.

On a side note, I've never met a Radfem who 'excluded' prostituted women. That acronym isn't even fit for purpose.
October

Post by October »

Welcome, welcome, Lovecat!

I love what you said! Especially...
Anyway, thank you SO MUCH Tat for providing a space <runs around with jumper over her head> where critical thought can be posted without immediately being shouted down... ...I also love religious mythology so the two combined are just... squeeee!
I look forward to reading more of your posts!
"Because as we all know... there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself!" -Hannah Gadsby
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

I agree with October! Welcome to the fest, lovecat ^^!
Coppertop

Post by Coppertop »

Hello.

*waves*

Long time reader, long ago regular in the forums back when "Sinfest" had the most active forums on Keenspot.

I was raised by a woman that marched for the right for women to vote. She also owned an electrical wiring company and was the first female defense contract holder in WWII. My first feminism protest was in 2nd grade, protesting the inequality of the school dress code that required girls to wear skirts or dresses, no jeans or pants. So, if you got to go through school and was not forced to wear a dress, you now have an idea of who started that.

I have two daughters in their mid-30's and three teen aged grandchildren. If you haven't guessed by now, I am old, cranky and will not put up with a whole lot of BS.
Lovecat

Post by Lovecat »

Hi Coppertop! <waves back>

Nice to 'meet' you :)
I'm no longer accepting the things I cannot change... I'm changing the things I cannot accept.

You have to act as if it were possible to radically change the world. And you have to do it all the time.

- Angela Davis
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Coppertop wrote: I was raised by a woman that marched for the right for women to vote. She also owned an electrical wiring company and was the first female defense contract holder in WWII. My first feminism protest was in 2nd grade, protesting the inequality of the school dress code that required girls to wear skirts or dresses, no jeans or pants. So, if you got to go through school and was not forced to wear a dress, you now have an idea of who started that.

I have two daughters in their mid-30's and three teen aged grandchildren. If you haven't guessed by now, I am old, cranky and will not put up with a whole lot of BS.
aw hell yeah, you sound awesome, I'm here all like

Welcome!!
Coppertop

Post by Coppertop »

What a nice welcome, thank you both.

For the record, I have been a reader of "Sinfest" for over 18 years. I think the first official get together for forum members was back in 2001 and I'm the blasted fool that arranged the first one.

Among the careers I have had in my life: chef, business manager, singer, actor, racing driver, auto mechanic, computer builder, computer technician and now am turning my hand towards designing jewelry.

Suffice to say that I was on the receiving end of a lot of misogynistic comments, employment discrimination, sexist jerks that told me flat out of I wanted a job, I'd better be willing to spread my legs... way too many of the last one.

I think the best way to describe myself is I have a personality like cheap toilet tissue - I'm not soft and I don't take crap from anyone.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

holy fuck, coppertop, you been reading sinfest since day one! how's that like? I'm fine with blunt straigh forward people, that's my favorite kind of people.